Saturday, August 21, 2010

What stage are most relationships in after a year? Can they grow into something more lasting?

My boyfriend and I started out hot and heavy a year ago. Now after a year of constant togetherness, he has told me that he isn't in love with me. He does love me, though. Just not enough to live together or get married. He feels like we have been rushing things. So now, he wants to back off and only see each other on weekends. He has stated that he does not want to date anyone else. Nor does he want to break up. It's just that after talking to his dad, he realizes that by rushing into a committment would do more harm than good. He has even went so far as to suggest that breaking up is not the answer. And that in time, his feelings could possibly change in regards to a committment. I love him and enjoy spending time with him. One part of me wants to give him the space he so desires. The other part of me wants to kick him to the curb. Furthermore, I am worried that continuing to have sex while the relationship is in limbo would just further complicate matters. Help! He's coming over now.What stage are most relationships in after a year? Can they grow into something more lasting?
If you are not together per se, and he does not want a committment, stop having sex. No matter how careful you are it could result in a pregnancy and this could complicate things, you don't want to be together for the wrong reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment