Tuesday, August 24, 2010

If a boy grows up with an absent or distant mother, how will his relationships with women be affected?

Good question. I can tell you one thing, if your mother is open to establishing a renewed relationship with you it could at least patch up a hole in your heart. But you have made it this far and I am assuming doing well.If a boy grows up with an absent or distant mother, how will his relationships with women be affected?
Prisons are full of guys like this. Most drink too much and do drugs.If a boy grows up with an absent or distant mother, how will his relationships with women be affected?
My husbands mother wasn't absent but she has never shown him affection. She has even admitting to wishing he had been a girl cause ';boys are difficult';. I could never list all the ways she has been cruel to him, as a child and as a man. I can tell you though I believe his need to be constantly reassured that I love him and that he isn't a horrible person is a direct cause. This can be exhausting on a daily basis...but I'm patient with him. He also has a awful temper. We've been married 8 yrs and the first few yrs were rough because of his temper. Thankfully he controls it much better now. Also he is still always trying to win her approval, even though she has made it pretty clear he will never be good enough to make her proud.





With me he is loving, attentive, and playful. He is a good provider and the best father I have ever known.






He could have difficulty showing/talking about feelings, may be less affectionate OR the opposite of what he was deprived of. Depends on who the other women were in his life like a grandmother who may have nurtured him.

No comments:

Post a Comment