Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Before you realised you were gay how did you imagine you're future relationships?

Did you ever imagine yourself married to someone of the same sex.





I remember when I was younger and I tried to imagine my adult life I couldn't really picture it very well, and I couldn't ever think of a situation where I would feel normal being with a man. It kind of made me afraid to grow up cos I just assumed I would be alone and depressed, I stopped myself from thinking about my future at all and instead made up these stories about a guy called Justin doing all the things that I actually wished I could do.





What about y'all?Before you realised you were gay how did you imagine you're future relationships?
I am male -- I always assumed and fantasized about being with another male -- from as early as age 5 or 6. By 8 I realized that boys were special to me and girls were not. By 11 I found out what gay was and immediately knew that was what I was.





Kind thoughts,





HermesBefore you realised you were gay how did you imagine you're future relationships?
For myself, I've always known I was gay. When I was four, I knew I wanted to marry a man when I grew up. So are my adult relationships anything like what I wanted when I was little? In some ways yes, and in some ways no. Kids don't think about the serious aspects of marriage, like earning money, paying bills, doing chores, shopping, etc. So I wasn't anticipating those things. But the other parts, about finding a man, falling in love with each other, owning a house and being happy together, that has certainly come true.
As a kid I didn't think about these things, I was always in the moment kind of girl. In my younger years, I'd have boyfriends but there wasn't really a future beyond our short lived 'relationship'. But when puberty hit and hormones were flying everywhere I could only imagine having my girlfriend as my best friend, lover and soul mate.
I didnt think too much about it. I knew I wanted kids, I knew I wanted to get married, but I couldn't imagine any of those thing being done w men! One year,I was 8, I was a bride for Halloween. Everyone asked who was my groom and I didn't even want to think about it. I had no desire to have a groom I just liked my long pretty white dress. lol.
When i tried my hardest to picture my future if there was a man living with me he was a roommate or a really close friend. I remember thinking thats not right. I was like where is the spouse?? So after that i stopped picturing it and just thought we'll see what happens. I didnt think i would turn out to be a lesbian though so i was kind of like OHHHHHHH when i realized i was.
I couldn't ever picture myself with a guy, it just felt wrong to me. But when my family members and such would ask me about my future husband/family, in my mind I always saw my ';husband'; as my best friend, but NOTHING more. More than that never even crossed my mind. It wasn't natural for me.
First of all, I don't remember a time when I did not think I was gay. I got my first piece at eight years old and don't remember much before that. And I never 'imagined' a future relationship. Not with a man. Even now I can't see me 'married' to a man. just a partnership or relationship.
Nope it was white picket fence, dog, lil billy and jane with the wife. Honestly I never saw my life as not leading to that ';cookie cutter'; of ends. Sometimes I still wish it was possible to dream that only with the Hubby instead ~_~
i had a similar situation as you, i just tried not thinking about it. though actually, i didn't really ever think about it much.
Before then I just never really thought about sex. I knew I wasnt attracted to women and I just figured I didnt have a sex drive.
I guess I imagined it to be sex free.
I'm still not quite sure if I am gay.
its gonna be the same as much as i can make it! xD
Lol when I was 7 I told my mom I didn't wanna get married. being gay never crossed my mind :P
yeah same as you


used to want a wife and loads of kids


now i want a husband and a couple of kids

No comments:

Post a Comment