Saturday, August 21, 2010

What happens to codependent relationships?

I have been asking questions about my relationship and i found some stuff on the internet that kinda sounds like mine...as in a codependent relationship. it tell all about them but it doesnt say what happens when they stop being dependent on each other...do they learn to live as upright individuals in strong healthy relationship or do they just split up start a new?What happens to codependent relationships?
I am currently working through my own codependence with therapy. I was in a 5 year relationship with a guy who REALLY needed me. I tried to ';be there'; for both of us for a long time. In the end, he left me for another codependent type. We ';Needed'; each other but I've learned now how to be there for myself. When you sacrifice for another person thats great. When you stop taking care of yourself to do so that's not great. I found that when I started not being so needy I stopped attracting guys who (a) are needy, too or (b) need to ';rescue'; me. Although my relationship didn't work out I believe that with counselling and therapy anyone can recover. Codependency for me and many others developed in early childhood. It is possible to learn healthy habits dealing with relationships. However, it does take a lot of work and constant vigilance. Read ';Women Who Love Too Much.'; It helped me a whole lot.What happens to codependent relationships?
It has always, been my way to be independent. I find that you can't really depend on anyone else, but yourself, and the Good Lord of course.
My last relationship was with a guy who was co-dependent, but I wasn't. I broke it off and ended up having to get a AVO because he was psycho and wouldn't leave me alone.


I've since met another man and I am in another co-dependent relationship. We have been together for 5 years and we need each other. It may be deemed as unhealthy to other people, but my relationship works for me and if yours works for you no worries.

No comments:

Post a Comment