Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How does war change people's relationships?

depends on the person. i am against the war completely, but some of my friends are for it. A few of my best friends are Marines and one of them is in Iraq right now. We all agree that we disagree with the war and some of the President's decisions, but that does not affect our relationship at all. They respect my views as I respect theirs, and I definately have respect for all of our troops overseas.How does war change people's relationships?
I think it changes the outlook of life for a person who went? I remeber my hubby, when he came home. He was in good sprits but when he would talk, he talked of the poor. He had seen poor here but over there it was so sad to hear him speak of it. He is alot more I don't know senstive to certain issues? I know that I changed while he was gone.


MY respect grew a 10000 more than it did for single moms and dads that do this everyday! That was hard. But you know what it made me stronger than before.How does war change people's relationships?
they become animals
nightmares, nightsweats, weird rashes, Oh and that is from DESERT STORM.......the war everyone forgets we fought.





This war they have fun tents (big screen TVs, computers, hot food)!





That war (waited a week to make a call, burned their own ****, slept on top of their vehicles too avoid snakes, scorpions and spiders.)








This war they are paid almost 3 times what those who fought in Desert Storm received.





Oh back to the question......wake up with someone who has is sweating, screaming and trying to find the top of his vehicle. That is how ';war'; changes a relationship.





Other than that.....oh wait the rash...no skin problems until.....yep......the ';other war';.





We are great.....he didn't get DVD's when he was there but he got cigarettes and ramen LMAO. Believe me that mattered!
Well, my husband, who is on his way back home for the 2nd time, has nightmares, wakes up in a cold sweat, he also talks in his sleep so I know more than what he thinks I do. I have also dodged a few swings from him while he was sleeping. While he is sleeping if anyone walks by our door he sits straight up. Other than in his sleep, some nights all he wants to do is lay in the floor with me and the kids and just hold all of us, where other nights he just spaces out and is jumpy when someone says anything to him. He doesn't talk about what he saw or what he did the first time he was there, but I know that when he is ready to talk he will. It's hard to deal with at times because I love him and there is nothing I can do to help him deal with it because he doesn't WANT me to know what happened over there, and I can't go to him and say I know because you talk in your sleep so just talk to me about it.
Not for the better, but with out knowing more about your question, I can't elaborate.
It does a lot. I know some people who went to war and act different. Those people have terrible experiences that haunt them for the rest their lives. WAR IS HELL! I do wish good luck to those out there though
i've been to war and i don't think i change
War changes people's relationships because war changes people. The most changed are those who experience combat, especially on a personal or face to face level.





Once, in psychology class, the question was asked ';How do people change? The answers were frontal lobotomy, religious conversion, and traumatic experience (like war).
this war doesn't change anything.
watch JarHead i jsut did it might help altho its not always like in that movie but it is quite a few of the times
the relationship has a few more things thrown into the mix. My significant other needs to realize that sometimes I need to vent, to talk about what happened, about being shot at, and about shooting back. She understands that I'm going to have occasional nightmares and sleepless nights. Overall, it's not just the person that experienced the war that is effected, it's their loved ones as well.
War changes most people no matter if they want to admit it or not. I try not to show it outwardly but it will affect you. It does affect some differently than others but no one goes truly unchanged. A word to the spouses, hang in there and try not to get frustrated with them if they do not want to talk about it. Sometimes it is just to hard to talk about. We see things no one should have to see over there.

No comments:

Post a Comment