Saturday, August 21, 2010

How many good relationships did you go through or leave before you realized that there is always an adjustment

When did you realize that every relationship needs work and what made you come to that conclusion?How many good relationships did you go through or leave before you realized that there is always an adjustment
My fiance is the one that made me realize this. He is not a quitter, as he says. He doesn’t believe in breaking up just because things are rough. I remember three months into the relationship we ran into typical immature boyfriend/girlfriend problems…he would go out and not pick up his phone, I would get pissed. I told him that I wanted to stop talking to him because I didn’t want to waste my time. My exact words were “why should I spend this much effort on some guy that I’m talking to.”





His response to me: because I may be your husband one day and you don’t throw away potential love. Instead, he worked on a solution and he has been that way ever since. If something comes up, we work on it. We don’t use the words “break up” ever. We have worked so hard on this relationship. Others think that we are crazy to have put up with as much as we have but now that we have gone through all of that, our relationship is so much better.How many good relationships did you go through or leave before you realized that there is always an adjustment
I think I've always known that on some level, just because of human nature being what it is. Even as a newly-dating 16 yr old, I knew that such relationships weren't going to be all sunshine and flowers every day. People disagree, have different interests, opinions, etc.





I probably didn't always compromise as I should have or accept the differences or effort needed with grace, but that can take time and experience (and learning to be less selfish).
The only relationship I haven't left is the one I am in with my husband. If the others were good, I wouldn't have left.
one
it's always about give 'n' take...x

No comments:

Post a Comment