Friday, November 25, 2011

Long term impact of abuse on adult relationships?

Do people who suffered childhood sexual abuse have problems with intimate personal relationships as adults? Are they too quick to become intimate, or do they shy away from intimacy alltogether? Do male abuse survivors react differently than female abuse survivors?Long term impact of abuse on adult relationships?
As someone who did suffer childhood sexual abuse, I have had both issues: too quick to become intimate and shy away from intimacy altogether (obviously at different times in my life). As much as I've told myself it doesn't still affect me and my life, it does. I certainly think that male abuse survivors do react differently in some respects, because of society's views that males are ';stronger'; than females. However, I believe it's based on the individual and what exactly they endured and how they've overcome their abuse. All of my abusers are now dead, which helps me tremendously, knowing they can't hurt anyone else (they all died from natural causes, but it still helps with closure).Long term impact of abuse on adult relationships?
Most definitely.
The females are often sexually hyper-active with strangers and abusive partners, now if they like the partner they will shy away from sex.


Men do not have the same options as women so they often do not have much sex but fantasize about abuse or abusing others.
Yes they do...because their self esteem is usually so low, and they sometimes have even gotten the blame for an adults horrific behavior...some people I have known, get into the intimacy too quick as a device for approval.. some males I know, end up prostituting on the streets, and trust is a major issue...however, all things can heal with God and Jesus in their lives, once they believe, forgive, and move on....
  • rosacea
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment