Friday, November 25, 2011

Do you think much has changed in relationships between men and women since the 1940's?

what has changed?Do you think much has changed in relationships between men and women since the 1940's?
Many, many people do not take much of anything seriously today, especially marriage vows. Yes things have changed, and for the most part, not for the better I might add. Relationships today are easy come/easy go and few think of the heartache and consequence. We are living in a ';me first'; generation and the repercussions are going to be devastating. They already are, just ask the children!Do you think much has changed in relationships between men and women since the 1940's?
I believe certain things have changed.


In general women have become more independent and outspoken in their relationships.


The majority of women in the 40's would have seen their career in getting married, or would give up a career after marriage and look after husband %26amp; children and taking care of the household. (A career woman would have been an exception)


Today's women have their own income and in most modern relationships the household chores and care for children are shared.


It's true, the divorce rate is much higher than it was in those days. Even though this is sad, it means the majority of women is not putting up with verbal or physical abuse like some might have in ';olden days';.


On the other hand I believe that the actual value of love and companionship has stayed the same ( and will probably always stay the same - emotions %26amp; feelings do not change)


I even remember my grandmother smiling, when I told her about my first love and the insecurities I felt with it. She told me, she had felt just the same, when she fell in love for the first time.


So here you are - after centuries love will always be love


Only the ';dressings'; will change
Try reading this for a good idea about relationships and how the are changing





';What my Mother never told me, and what my Father never knew';

No comments:

Post a Comment